- Bitcoin.co.id. (aka Bitcoin Indonesia) initially started as a platform to educate Indonesians on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as well as acting as a reliable source for the general public to obtain the latest news on the development of Bitcoin
- Currently Bitcoin Indonesia provides a trading platform for users to buy and sell Bitcoin with Rupiah.
- With over 50,000 users as of 2015, it is currently the largest Bitcoin Exchange in Indonesia
- Bitcoin Indonesia plans to expand to offer payment gateway and remittance services to Indonesians to take advantage of the low banking rate versus high telecommunications penetration rate in Indonesia
- Security: Users’ accounts are protected with Multifactor Authentication, requiring a combination of e-mail and SMS verification along with Google Authenticator pin requirements
- Fast processing time: Rupiah deposit can be processed instantly and Rupiah withdrawal from the account takes only one working day
- Accessibility: Bitcoin Indonesia allows users to buy, sell, trade Bitcoin with a PC, tablet or smartphone. They also provide a 24/7 online support team
- Low remittance rates for foreign Indonesians: Bitcoin Indonesia plans to offer remittance services to allow Indonesians abroad such as domestic helpers to remit money back to their home country with much lower rates than traditional methods