Pledg : simple and accessible payment in installments
The PLEDG startup founded in late 2016 by Nicolas Pelletier (ex-CEO of Musiwave) and Benoît Liénart (Polytechnicien and founder of several companies in fintech), then joined in 2017 by Agnès Chaba, develops payment facility solutions: shared payment, payment in installments and deferred payment.
- The startup is developing payment facility solutions that integrate with e-commerce or store sites to improve merchant conversion rates.
- At the end of 2017, PLEDG entered the payment market by signing its first e-commerce shared payment partnerships.
- Its solution consists in advancing 100% of the basket to the merchant and allows customers to make collective purchases on e-commerce sites in 30 seconds without having to make the full advance and without waiting for payment from all participants
- Since May 2019, it has offered its multiple payment and deferred payment solutions.
PLEDG in dates and figures:
- End of 2016: Creation of the company in Brittany
- End of 2017: Marketing of its online payment solution for several people
- December 2017: Fundraising of 1.2 million €
- October 2018: First signature with the European ticketing solution SecuTix
- May 2019: Launch of payment in 3 or 4 times, deferred payment on the web and in stores with already 20% of sales and a 90% increase in the average basket of merchants
- 2 incubators: the Swave, the fintech incubator from Paris & Co, and the Showroomprive incubator
PLEDG’s partners merchant sites:
- Average usage rate on e-commerce sites: 15%
- Business sectors: travel, retail, leisure, ticketing
- Increase in the average basket: 30%
- Additional turnover: 7%
The advantages of PLEDG:
- 1 integration and 3 solutions: shared, split and deferred payment
- 100% guaranteed payment
- Plug & Play technology that integrates with all sites, stores and marketplaces
- Acceptance rate based on an internal scoring algorithm
- User experience based on the merchant page
- No change in merchant accounting flows